As a member of Havekost Personal Healthcare
You’ll have access to the following:
When you call the office, Dr. Havekost or his nurse will answer the telephone. High level communication is the norm via extended office visits, telephone, text messaging, or video calls. Most issues may be managed during office hours, but illnesses and injuries don’t always occur when the office is open. You are therefore provided with Dr. Havekost’s cell phone number. Call for non-emergent, but urgent contact. Text for concerns. E-mail for issues that may be managed the next business day.
Same day or next day service scheduling
Because we limit our practice to 500-700 patients rather than 2500+ patients in a typical family medicine clinic, we are able to provide same day or next day visits as well as personalized care.
Extended and relaxed visits
Most visits are scheduled for one-half hour or one hour. You won’t feel rushed, and there’s never a question you won’t have time to ask. This allows us to get to know you as a person—your likes and dislikes, personality, stressors, your joys and aspirations, and about your family. We desire to help you as a whole person—physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Most issues may be handled in the office or with technology. But what if you are unable to make it into the office? We may be able to provide service to you with a home visit. We will come to you.
Annual Physical Exam with Health Risk Assessment AND Wellness Goal Setting
This evaluation is tailored to you and your personal health situation. We will work with you on your wellness goals.
Laboratory Testing and Medications at Greatly Reduced Costs
We work with laboratory providers to obtain prices for laboratory testing for our patients as well as generic medications at greatly reduced costs up to 80-90% off traditional costs. We pass the savings on to you.
MEDICAL SERVICES INCLUDED IN A MEMBERSHIP
Havekost Personal Healthcare offers a wide range of family (Pediatric and Adult) primary care services including, but not limited to:
- Preventive health care/health promotion and annual wellness examinations
- Acute illnesses and minor injuries as well as chronic disease management (High blood pressure, heart disease management, diabetes management, high cholesterol, etc.), and assistance with smoking cessation and weight loss
- Mental health, including treatment for depression, anxiety and mood issues
- School, sports and workplace physicals
- Treatment of sprains and simple fracture care
- Women’s health
- Well child care for infants and children
- Office procedures including laceration repair, skin lesion removal, biopsy of suspicious skin lesions, cryotherapy, and joint injections**
- EKG, spirometry, and breathing treatments**
- Same-day or next-day appointments based on medical need
- Access to our in-house pharmacy and lab at greatly reduced cost
** There may be a small expense for these procedures and treatments to cover the costs of providing the service. Added costs are always discussed prior to the test or treatment being ordered. Other procedures may be offered for a small added cost. Additional expense may be incurred for splints, casts, crutches or if tissue is sent for pathology.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN A MEMBERSHIP?
Primary care services provided through Havekost Personal Healthcare can address the vast majority of an individual’s health care needs. However, some services are not included in the membership. Patients are encouraged to combine their Havekost Personal Healthcare membership with a high-deductible insurance policy to cover specialist physicians, emergency department, and hospital services. A Havekost Personal Healthcare membership does not cover the cost of such services as:
- Laboratory Services (available at reduced cost)
- Medications (available at reduced cost)
- Allergy Testing
- Medical Imaging
- Specialist Care
- Emergency Department Visits
Your Havekost Personal Healthcare provider will help you navigate the healthcare system when specialist services are required.